Salty Maggi Singapore

Ok I tried the Maggi 2-minute Noodles here in Singapore.
The ones over here are way too salty.
Tastes like eating salt and nothing else!
I miss the Maggi back in India, where the mix is just right!
Anyway I have a work-around to get rid of the saltiness.
I cook the noodles as specified in the packet, but I don't add the soup mix (same thing as "TasteMaker" in India).
After cooking and transferring to my plate (leaving a little water), I add a pinch or two of the soup mix (don't add any more than two pinches) to the noodles and mix the noodles by lifting them up repeatedly with spoon and fork.
Voila! The perfect mix.
Well, you must be asking "So what about the rest of the soup mix?"
Walk to the nearest dust bin. Throw the remaining soup mix and the empty noodles packet in the bin.
Oh by the way, not only are you reducing the saltiness, but you are also cutting down the intake of Monosodium glutamate (Ajinomoto) which is contained only in the soup mix, not in the noodles. So you can have your hair safe, and still eat your favourite Maggi noodles!

Comments

Popular Posts