Friendships

I didn't have much friends all my life and I still don't. My latest best friend broke up the friendship and called me possessive and selfish. He said I don't care about what other people may think... He told me I'm immature. He said I should think twice before saying words.

Yea true... Maybe I'm immature... Maybe I don't know how to keep friends... Maybe I don't know what to say. Maybe I'm wrong to think I have freedom of speech... and say whatever I feel like... Maybe its wrong to ever write and post this!

But yesterday I went to church for the saturday youth service, and in the sermon, they were talking about friendships and sharing the gospel. One of the examples they gave is, a person asking his friend to stop lying to others, like his parents. This was the same situation that I created the last time I met my ex-best-friend.

When we share the gospel, even in the simplest way, we can expect to lose friends and others who are close to us. But this should not pull down your faith. In fact, since that incident, my faith in God increased even more, and I held on to him. I went to church and met new friends, God-loving friends. I always wanted to have God-loving friends, but I haven't met any in Singapore except in the church. I lost a friend, but gained more than one. Yes, the friend I lost is gonna be a "friend" of mine, but not my best friend any more. Well he can't be the ultimate best friend of mine anyway. There is only one person who is my true best friend - Jesus. He holds on to me no matter how much I wrong him. (But that's no licence for me to wrong him!) He loves me and knows me from deep within, which is something a best friend or even a life partner can't do.

Lord, remind me to continually pray for my friend, whom I don't wish to mention here. May he realise the mistake he is doing, and recognize the deception he is facing. May he turn to You and return to You, submit his life to You, for you along are God. May he do things not to please himself but to please You for we are created to please You. May he remember that even the so called "small" mistakes like lying are displeasing to you. May he realize that being a Christian is not to chant prayer routinely in the prayer room and "visit" God in church every Sunday, but to have a heart-felt relationship with You through Your Son, and no one else, a relationship more promising than a marriage! Thank you for hearing my prayers for my dear friend, and thank you for answering them in Your will. In Jesus' name, Amen

Comments

Popular Posts